Individual results may vary.
Photofacial with IPL – Epilight™
Energy is delivered using a non-laser light source. PhotoFacial, applicable to full-body treatments, is indicated in the treatment of benign erythema, flushing, and cumulative effects of the sun, aging, and lifestyle choices.
Developed in 1996 and introduced in 1998 by Dr. Patrick H. Bitter Sr. of Los Gatos, California, PhotoFacial is applied safely and effectively in the treatment of Rosacea, telangiectasia, and lentigines. The outcome includes, but not limited to:
- Enhanced consistency in skin texture and coloring*
- Dramatic reduction of erythema*
- Diminishes of fine wrinkles*
- Fading of hyperpigmentation*
- Decrease in pore size*
PhotoFacial treatments are non-invasive and are performed with or without the use of topical anaesthetic. They are performed at three-week intervals for a total of five procedures. Patients are subjected to comprehensive health education on PhotoFacial that includes:
- Description of the procedure*
- informed consent*
- Pre- and post-operative care*
- Risks and benefits*
Patients report a high level of satisfaction with the procedure and outcome, and are specifically pleased with the absence of “downtime” in their personal daily schedule.*
Dr. Kent Brown is committed to ensuring PhotoFacial as a safe and effective treatment modality for the cosmetic dermatology patient. Sensational Skin offers a free consultation to find out if you are a candidate for PhotoFacial.
PhotoFacial treatments offer many advantages over other rejuvenation modalities.
PhotoFacial treatments are the an effective treatment for facial, neck and chest erythema and flushing. Laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels and microdermabrasion are not effective and actually aggravate the symptoms. The flashlamp pulse dye laser can improve erythema and telangiectasia; however, treament results are variable, limited to lesional skin, and produce substantial purpura, and has not been reported to improve flushing.*
Visible improvement is seen in the skin with little or no patient “downtime”.*
Treatments are safe with very little risk of scarring or adverse effects.*
Treatments are quick and easy on the patients. The entire face can be treated in 20 to 30 minutes.*
Treatments result in a high degree of patient satisfaction.*
Treatments offer an alternative to patients seeking improvement in their skin but not desiring the downtime, discomfort or risks of laser skin resurfacing or for patients who are not candidates for resurfacing.*
Increased patient safety. Because the energy delivered in PhotoFacial treatments is a band of wavelengths of light in the visible spectrum, there is minimal risk of ocular injury as opposed to laser light treatments.
PhotoFacial treatments can be safely used on non-facial skin. This permits effective treatment of neck and chest erythema and photaging of the neck, chest, forearms, shoulders and legs.
The following indications are some of the applications of PhotoFacial Treatments:
- Erythema, especially face, neck or chest: All patients treated to date have experienced noticeable reduction in erythema. Results have been long lasting.*
- Flushing: To date there has been no effective treatment for facial, neck or chest flushing. PhotoFacial treatments are extremely effective in reducing the degree of flushing in all patients we have treated.*
- Rosacea: Patients with active inflammatory Rosacea generally experience considerable improvement in their symptoms after a series of PhotoFacial treatments. Most patients decrease or discontinue treatments for Rosacea.*
- Photoaging or Sundamage: Skin that shows fine wrinkling, freckling or irregular pigmentation from chronic sun exposure is visibly improved after treatments.*
- Course or “Rough appearing” skin with large pores: Patients with this skin type generally experience smoother, softer skin with a visible reduction in pores after PhotoFacial treatments.*
- Acne Scarring: PhotoFacial treatments are beneficial in reducing the erythema to reduce erythema and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation of acne scarring.*
Benefits of PhotoFacial include, but are not limited to:
- No patient “downtime”*
- Safe and effective singular or adjunctive treatment modality*
- Diminishment and/or elimination of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles*
- Consistency in skin color and texture*
- Applicability in full-body treatments*
As a conjunctive procedure with microdermabrasion: PhotoFacial treatments are performed with microdermabrasion treatments and can benefit those patients with erythema and telangiectasia who desire a greater improvement in surface irregularities (e.g. from scars) or patients with comedonal acne.
DISCLAIMER: The extent of the response to the photofacial treatment impacting personal results, varies from patient to patient.*Individual results may vary